26 January 2009

Trouble and changes

So I decided to go out with some friends the other evening planet side in Jita and have a few drinks. Really didn't drink that much but when I left the little bar we were at, a local concord officer observed us leaving and taking off in our vehicle. Needless to say that although I passed the field sobriety test with flying colors, i failed the breathalyzer and got to spend a night in jail. So I guess this means I'm grounded from driving a planet side vehicle for a short while. However, they have no jurisdiction to ground me from flying my ship for an infraction in a terrain vessel. Thank god...

Anyways, on to the more important stuff!

I left my corporation.

Yep, I said and I did it. I had a conversation the other evening with an alliance mate and we both came to the conclusion that things within the alliance were falling apart. Piece by fragile piece. So perhaps it was time to move on. Fortunately, my alliance mate had already done his research and found a great corporation looking for some fresh faces. They are all very heavily experienced pilots from which I'm sure I'll learn a lot from. They also own a bit of space in nullsec, which i will soon be going to see, so that is definitely some added value to this new corporation as well. In the meantime I've been gathering up all my and my protege's stuff and moving it to the designated station from which one of the corp members will transfer via, I believe, a jump freighter. I'm most likely just going to move a few of my rifters, some gear for them, and maybe a couple other ships. I'll most likely leave the Retriever behind in high sec as one, I'm not sure it would hold up well against nullsec rats and two, I'm really only a few days away from being able to pilot a hulk class exhumer. The hulk is a much sturdier mining ship and should do fine against any rats that come into the belts where I would be mining. For my protege, I will be bringing her vexor, thorax, a couple frigates and any necessary fittings for them as well.

I won't deny I feel a bit bad about leaving my now former corporation. So much so to where i just left without even saying a word to anyone. Figured it'd just be better that way. I do however owe an apology to one of my planet side friends because with this move to a new corp, I had to spend a large amount of time gathering gear, selling what i don't need, buying what I do, as well as showing support to the new corp by attending and participating in the frigate tournament we had this past weekend. (which by the way was a lot of fun though i lost my 1 on 1 match...damn nos, didn't see that coming... and was the first to be called primary by the other team in the 4 on 4 match we did at the end.)

So yeah....definitely been a long weekend.

-ML-

0 comments: