20 January 2009

Eve Rollercoaster

So just when you think things are finally beginning to settle back down in a nice, steady routine, the gods just seem to love ripping that back out from under you.

We've had an upset in our Alliance where the two top people of the Alliance it seems have decided to turn in their pilots license. Or at least I know the one is but the other just sort of went AWOL. Sad really because I rather enjoyed their company but as I'm already finding out, so be it with the life and death of corporations in the depths of Eve space. There's a possibility, of which I haven't heard the answer yet, that the current Alliance CEO, one of the two that are leaving, has said he intends to maintain his position and take the alliance down with him. With that in mind, there has been talk of the corporations leaving the current Alliance and forming a new one. Personally, I'm all for option number two. I'm thinking if this current alliance CEO does indeed intend to take the alliance down with him, instead of everyone forming a new alliance, why not just consolidate into one Corporation. I've already got the support of two corporate heads, the CEO of my corp and the soon to be CEO of the another Corp. Now I just need to see if I can convince the remaining corporations. It might be a bit complicated in determining who to be in what position since most of them would be used to being the CEO's of their individual corporations, but if run properly, they would all have equal say and the person put in the position of CEO would really be nothing more than a sort of referee. I personally even have in mind, by looking at the professions most of the various CEO's focus on and seem to be most knowledgeable in, what positions would be most suitable for each person.

So the downfalls are yes, most would no longer hold the pretty little title of "CEO" or "XO" or whatever other title they have, but when the efforts of numerous individual corps are brought together into one large Corp, that would by the way make it more capable of interaction between the various job fields, I think eventually it would make a much smoother operation than it is currently. So I think I may just go on a crusade to see if I can influence the powers that be to make it happen. No telling what will happen.

In other life news, my protege has really been doing well for herself. She just recently received her first assignment from what capsuleers refer to as a level 2 agent. To be quite honest, it didn't go so well. She's currently piloting a Vexor class cruiser as well as a Thorax cruiser. She's capable right now of piloting a battlecruiser, either a Myrmidon or a Brutix, but her knowledge in armor repair, energy management and gunnery systems isn't quite up to par to properly fly it yet so I haven't gone through the trouble of purchasing one for her. By the way, yes, if you hadn't already figured out, she is Gallante. She was originally trained in a Gallante school and so I've chosen to keep her focused on flying Gallante ships. She's already becoming quite adapt at using drones, something Gallanteans are known for.

Besides that she's also managed to get her first kill mail. I've been sending her off with the other combat pilots to go hunting in low sec. Gives her a chance to get a feel for how things work as well as test her skills and equipment against other capsuleer pilots. I chose to outfit her in a Catalyst destroyer with tech2 small blasters and some signal amplifiers. Gotta admit for a small ship, that thing had some serious damage output. And I say "had" because although she annihilated an arbitrator cruiser, she ended up getting podded herself by the other cruisers that warped in to help their friend while her own fleet mates had to bug out. They didn't realize she was warp scrambled and by the time they could sort out who was still being engaged and reenter warp to assist, her ship was vaporized.

All in all though, it was a good experience and one that I'm sure will follow with many more.

-ML-

0 comments: