07 January 2009

Perusing the Pilot's Logs

So there are a number of pilot logs floating around the interweb, some of which I've been following quite regularly. It's just a tad bit sad to see that a large majority of them seem to be pirates mostly but there is the occasional so-called 'carebears' telling recording their experiences as well. However, in reading the pirates' logs, one can almost start to admire them and their work and experiences. I won't deny that at times the idea of turning pirate has crossed my mind but with my training having been so extensively focused on mining and industrial, I would be nothing more than cannon fodder in the harsh depths of low-sec space. Yes, on occasion, I have been known to go hunting with the combat pilots within my alliance but for anybody that knows me or even reads my logs, I think it's quite apparent that I'm really just along for the thrills than being an actual, crucial part of any fleet ops. It's for this reason why I've taken under my wing the combat pilot I'd mentioned in a previous log. By training and directing her and financially supporting her endeavors, I feel it will, in a way, give me the ability to be more actively involved in combat patrols.

But anyways, I'm getting off the topic I wanted to mention that had me sitting down to write this entry.

There's a couple of entries made by other pilots that have really stood out to me. The first one was written by a pilot going by the name of Flashfresh. If you're interested in an excellent read, check out this log in particular: EVE Blog Banter #3 No words could describe the feelings I got after reading his story and I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much as I if you are or have any interest in the lives of pod pilots.

Another one is more of just a description of general thoughts and how they've changed in the course of time as this particular pod pilot, Manasi, has developed and learned from his experiences. This log can be found at: Some changes in thoughts. It has me inspired to write my own views and how they've changed just over the course of the two months I've been flying my way around the universe of Eve but my apologies as time won't allow me to do so at the moment.
I've also recently added links to many other pilot logs which you will find listed to the right that I've particularly enjoyed reading. There's many others though and I'll add them as time goes on. But if you're really interested in finding other logs like my own, check out the pilot's log: CrazyKinux's Musing. This particular pilot has become quite a popular guy for good reason and he maintains a very well kept, and vast, listing of publicly available pilot's logs. (No, at the time of this writing I am not on there only because I've been keeping a sort of low profile at the moment.)

So anyways, back to grinding through more paperwork...

-ML-

0 comments: