29 January 2009

Completely Uneventful

I haven't gotten to spend too much time lately in the ship as paperwork and other non-piloting activities have consumed my time. I've been trying to make regular visits to see my "partner", Kieran, planetside on a more regular occasion to avoid being berated for coming by so rarely. I'm actually really impressed with all that she's accomplished with her budding jewelry business. Unfortunately, I don't think she fully agrees with me that it was good of me to be away so much, otherwise she wouldn't be where she is today if I was around all the time. Ah well...women never do listen to us guys anyways...

As for logging flight time, most of its been transporting gear from one station to the other. A very tedious task but one that will benefit me in the long run. Especially when most of my stuff would be 15 jumps away otherwise. I sold off or reprocessed the stuff I could easily afford to buy later and other trash I'd picked up throughout time that I'd likely never use. It's amazing really what you find when you look around your own hangers. The most time consuming aspect has been in the movement of ships. My mammoth class hauler, even with as much cargo capacity as it has, still struggles at carrying more than one or two ships. And sometimes, with the hauler being as slow as it is, i can almost make two round trips faster in my pod alone than one trip in the hauler. It also doesn't help as well that some of the ships are insured and repackaging them would nullify my insurance contract. Oh well. It'll be done soon enough.

In other aspects, I've found one minor problem with the new corporation. And I repeat its just a minor thing because I'm actually seeing it as a bit of a positive too. I hopped on the comms last night when I dropped by the hanger to make sure all my business was still in order and took notice of who was online. Surprisingly, not a single soul. Doh! I didn't take into account that most of my new corporation is on different sleep cycles than myself. When that realization dawned on me, i had a moment where I questioned whether or not I'd made the right decision in joining up. But then, as per my usual, I began to see a brighter side to it.

It meant I had the absolute freedom to handle personal business more regularly without the normal pressures of corporate responsibilities. Sure, I work for them and will do what I can for the intent of building the corp to make it even stronger...but at the same time, I will have the luxury of doing my own thing as well. Of course my protege is always on the same time frame as me but it will give her the ability to run missions freely for her agents as well as force her to get out and get comfortable with doing a little solo hunting in lowsec.

So in the end, as I said, I still feel this was a good decision.

-ML-

0 comments: