30 January 2009

FINISHED!!

So yesterday I finally gave myself a good swift kick in the behind and spent the numerous hours finishing my move from my old corporation's headquarters to the new corporation's staging area. It became perhaps a necessity to do it as we've just been war dec'd. I swear. Do war dec's really happen this often?? Or am I just that unlucky. I mean...what? This will be my third war dec experience in the roughly 3 or 4 months I've been a pilot. I mean, I can understand it if I was living in nullsec. Wars happen all the time down there, or so I hear. But in High Sec?

I don't know. Either way it appears to be another band of misfits called Live or Let Die that just want to get what they probably believe to be some easy kills. Silly boys. Trix are for kids. But with this corp....we're willing to play. And we've got some pretty, fun toys to bring into the game.
Plus it will give all of us a chance to see what our corp is made of as a whole. Unfortunately, with me being on a different sleep cycle than most of them, I have a good feeling I'm going to miss a large majority of the fleet action. Ah well....both myself personally and my protege still need some more training to be what I'd consider up to par for these sort of engagements. But I wouldn't underestimate my protege either. She can already pack a pretty serious punch when needed.

Either way, with all my gear now out of the area where we believe they operate quite regularly, I shouldn't have too much problems.

On the note of moving all my stuff...I really gotta open my mouth more and ask for help. I'm such a loner sometimes, and stubborn as well in asking people for favors. Last night, a corp mate, Frank, who also came over from the old alliance, helped me out significantly with his freighter. Saved me what would have been three more round trips consisting of nearly 40 jumps per round trip, to move the last remaining ships and some gear.

So now that the weekend is here and everything is staged and ready to be moved to the corporation's HQ, it means I have lots of time to go out and play. I was planning on doing a bit of mining to fill the pocket book a bit more as I will be needing it when the time comes to buy the Hulk...instead, maybe I'll just send the protege out for a little solo hunting in the low sec regions around the new HQ and see what things are like there. Hopefully lots of pirates to kill. But of course, I need to tie a string around my finger so I can remember to go visit with Kieran and hopefully make it to her and her business partners store's debut fashion show. Guess I better dig around the hanger and find that old formal jacket...

-ML-

1 comments:

Gremrod said...

Being war dec'd happens a lot in high sec to new corps or corps with a lot of young born dates. If I remember right we were war dec's 3 times in the first month. They get less and less as time goes on.