09 February 2009

Your Right. I'm Getting Used to War

Well the so-called "war" with the one-man corp came to an end yesterday as it seems he didn't want to pay the bill to keep it going either. No surprise really and no surprise as well that nobody from my corp had the desire really to go after the guy. We really do have much more important matters to attend to than traveling all the way back to Empire just to beat up on some foolish kid. HOWEVER.....our days of war may not be over...

It seems a new threat has arisen that may have to be dealt with. No war has been declared as of yet but if the offending corp holds true to its threat, we will soon be receiving yet another war dec. This time by an alliance who has tried to claim that anybody living in this little high sec pocket cut off from the rest of empire, is required to pay them, I believe, 50 million isk a month in order to stay there. If the corporation doesn't pay, they get war dec'd. Well hats off to y'all and good luck cuz we sure as hell aren't paying. In fact, if they do take us to war, we've been discussing possibly the only way it will end is either them leaving the region all-together or them paying us 100 million a month to reside there. And we're not alone. An alliance in the region has recently gone from reds to blues as it seems they were threatened as well. The guys in my corp are certainly not ones to be taken for granted and, from what I'm gathering on this alliance that is now turned blue to us, neither are they. If this wanna-be-mob alliance does war dec either our new blue friends or our corp, it might be worked out that both groups will go to war with them.

Good lord these politics can be mind-spinning... I don't even want to imagine what it must be like in nullsec. I mean....can perhaps somebody tell me again what's so great about living in and holding a system in nullsec?? However, I gotta admit, this IS all rather amusing and definitely keeps high sec living interesting.

A bit of irony to that comment though....my protege has actually been spending a lot of her time in low-sec. Running missions mostly but at the same time seeing if she can find and pick a fight with some random pirate in a tech 1 frigate vs. frigate battle. As far as skill training goes, she's turned her attention towards training now to pilot an assault frig as she's accomplished being able to fly every tech 1 gallante ship available. Being a good pilot is a different story but she can definitely pilot a frigate ship well so I figure it's time to start training for a tech 2 frigate. Then I'll build up her skills to fly tech 1 cruisers well and once that's accomplished, get her into a tech 2 cruiser and so on and so forth. This would include a lot of what might be considered "base skills" such as those in engineering, electronics, and mechanics. Either way, I know for awhile she'll be feeling perhaps a little inefficient and unable to be a useful participant within the corporation for perhaps a few more months. However, eventually I think it will payout and will be happy it went that route. When she can fly a tech 1 cruiser better than people older than her in their tech 2 cruisers, then they'll stop doubting her abilities. Hmm...maybe have to make note to prove that someday...

-ML-

OOC: With those thoughts in mind, thinking about tech 1 and tech 2. I think, after reading the recent information released about tech3 ships and such, that for a newer player like myself, tech 3 is and will be a long way out. Especially for PVP use. When your a newer player, every minute of every hour counts as you try to get your skill points up to a level where you can effectively compete within the universe of Eve. To waste time on skills learned just to fly some new, fancy ship, skills that you will lose if your fancy ship is destroyed, well....it just seems....dumb, to put it bluntly. As taught to me from almost the beginning (especially when getting blown up my very first day in my rookie ship) , never undock in anything you're not willing to lose. To the newer players, like myself, everything you have, especially that small amount of skill point base, is a very precious commodity. And everything you lose hurts.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm all about going into the unknown. I'm just as excited as the next guy about the idea of true exploration. About going through a wormhole and getting "Lost in space". About going up against NPC's that will supposedly fight more like real players (though as intimidating as that is for me as a newer player...) Or seeing and helping to gather the resources for this new tech 3 gear. But as for actually using it....I think I'll just settle with becoming more familiar with the already available tech 2 gear first. And I highly suggest to all other newer players to do the same. Unfortunately, as seems usual, I'm sure a lot of em will always want the biggest, baddest toys and waste their time on the skills to fly em and forget the basics... Ah well....just means more ship kills for me. :)

0 comments: