04 February 2009

Oopsie

So it seems me keeping my journal on a low profile has ended. Myself and my protege's journals have been discovered by a rather popular journalist, a sort of registrar of public journals if you will. My protege was also previously discovered by another popular registrar who I'd also like to give credit to. First, I've mentioned him before but I'll do so again because if you haven't visited his pages, your definitely missing out on a very good source of information. Not only that but he keeps a long list of other pod pilot journals that are publicly available such as mine. This list is formally called The EVE Player Blogroll. Other than scribbling my stuff into the journal, I haven't really familiarized myself on how to put anything extra on the page but perhaps later today I'll see what I can do to make a link to his pages more permanent.

The other person I want to mention because she added my protege is Alexia Morgan and her journal entitled Punishment. Her style is a bit different than Mr. Kinux, in that she likes to do interviews with pod pilots as well as asking those in her listings to fill out and send in a questionnaire to give readers a little better perspective on the person behind the words they read. Eventually I'll get around to forcing the protege to fill one out perhaps.

Hmm....what else? Oh yes.

I need to make a correction on my previous entry. It was not a Megathron class battleship that was destroyed in our engagement at the gate but instead an Armaggedon class battleship. Either way, still a good kill with no losses. I also learned that my fleet destroyed another Armaggedon from Veto corporation shortly after I broke off from the fleet. I haven't really gotten the full details on that engagement but given I'm used to seeing Veto flying around in gangs, I assume it probably wasn't much different than our first Armaggedon kill.

Other than that, just been spending some time mining as I need to build up the bank account a bit to buy that Hulk I'm so close to being able to operate. Only a couple more days. I did run into a little snag though that I'm going to have to ask around and see what can be done. The area where I mine is very much cut off from the rest of empire. Now in some aspects, this is good as it means less trouble, less traffic and thus better mining. On the other hand, the buy orders in the area for minerals are at best... absolutely horrible. Roughly about 2.80 to 3.00 per unit of tritanium. That's nothing compared to what I could sell it for in Jita at about 4.10 to 4.16. Now this may not sound like a huge difference to some but when your talking multiple millions of units at over a 1.00 isk difference....yeah. That's a big hit to take.

There is some low sec regions nearby that are actually buying it higher than what Jita pays but....well...it's low sec and having to make numerous trips through such systems in a Mammoth class industrial hauler isn't exactly what I'd consider logistically sound. We're talking as of right now about 7 million units of tritanium. I'll probably be doing even more mining tonight which will mean probably another 3 or 4 million units of tritanium. For the uneducated, 1 million units is equivalent to about 10,000m3. Given my Mammoth can only carry a little over 1.7 million units of the stuff....well...like I said, numerous trips. Hopefully, speaking to the other guys, they'll be able to help me figure something out. Either that or I'll just try creating a sell order for once and see how well that would work. I'm just concerned about how long that would take to sell so I can get the Hulk. Like I said, I'll have to talk it over with the corp mates.

-ML-

0 comments: