08 December 2008

When a stream becomes Niagra Falls

So I realize it's been awhile since last I made an entry. To say these past couple weeks have been hectic would be an understatement. Fortunately it's starting to settle back down but not into the previous routines.

Basically, my corporation has gone through a complete revamping. It started with a major theft in our young corporation. We're not sure still of the reasons it happened but the one who did it was caught red handed and after repeatedly denying he was responsible, was eventually fired. In my opinion, i would've fired him the very day it happened but the CEO was a little more lax about it then I. Of course this theft caused a lot of upset in the ranks and people began considering leaving the corp, perhaps joining with another corp from our alliance. I can't say I blame them. It seemed nearly every other day, our young CEO was changing the way things were being run. And it also seemed he knew little of the actual corporation assets control computers. For instance, this theft could have been avoided if necessary precautions were made and a more thorough knowledge of the corporation control was held by said CEO. Anyways, I still think he's a good guy, he was just lacking in the necessary knowledge needed to be a good CEO.

After that, came the 7 day war.

A pirate corporation, consisting of 8 heavily experienced combat pilots, declared war on our alliance. I'm not sure why or even why the war ended when it did but given my new position, which I'll explain in a moment, I'll soon be finding out from the Alliance leader.

But let me admit to you in saying these guys were brutal. I wasn't available for the one major engagement we had with them but as i understand it, it wasn't pretty. We lost a few too many ships, only to take out a handful of their tech II drones. The only enemy ship we nearly destroyed, barely escaped by docking in the station the battle took place outside of. After that it was mostly us just stockpiling gear, ships and ammo, sneaking it past them as they camped outside of our HQ.

Rumor says they withdrew their war dec because they became aware of how much we were amassing within the station right under their noses....but I'm not entirely sure. Our objective was to annihilate them to no end by throwing wave after wave of small inexpensive frigates at their battlecruisers and battleships, locking them in place, while our larger ships sat at a distance, pounding them with torpedoes and electronic warfare equipment.

So while their small, 8 man corporation sat there camping our HQ, making no money and getting only a handful of foolish or suicidal pilots that would undock, our large, roughly 150 man alliance, was amassing weapons and ammo and gear and continuing to build our bank accounts...again, right under their noses. The day was set to make the assault on them but 2 days before it was to take place, we received notice that they were withdrawing. Again, I'm still not entirely sure why. We did receive a message saying something about they were impressed that we had actually fought back. Something about they underestimated us a tad in thinking we were pure carebears with no teeth. A compliment or an insult I'm not entirely sure really.

Anyways, shortly after the war ended, our CEO stepped down. In fact, he left the corp completely for a couple days there. I'm not entirely sure what all his reasons were but he turned over control of the corp to his XO. I guess after talking to a few people in the corp, this newly promoted CEO came to me and offered me the position of being his XO. I was a little hesitant at first. I mean...me? A young pilot such as myself being the XO of a quickly growing corporation? It was a little overwhelming at first and I was slow to respond but eventually I accepted. In the following days, we discussed what path to take with the corp and more specifically who we felt could be trusted as directors.

So after appointing people to the necessary positions, rearranging the command structure and the corp assets, I think we have created a stronger, more controlled (though still fun) corporation that will last long into the future. Or so I hope at least...

-ML-

0 comments: