16 December 2008

Making Irregular Out of Regular

So there's one thing that most who truly know me, know not to ever let happen....that being to let me get bored. Strange things happen when I do. Sometimes by my own hand...other times, well....I'm just lucky that way I guess. (Insert my big grin right here.)

Since I last made entry, there really hasn't been much in the way of ops or battles or anything else of that sort. I made a new friend, who I promptly accepted into the corporation. She's a newer pilot but I suspect has a lot of potential, especially in the area of security and defense. A bit of a firebrand if you ask me...though I guess that's why she got the nickname Starfire. I'm really not much of a combat person myself so I've directed her to ask any questions she has towards our combat director but at the same time, I fully intend to keep up on her training and perhaps take her under my wing in the way of supplying whatever it is she needs to become the great pilot I feel her to be capable of.

Otherwise, we've added a few other new members to our ranks. Some are fresh out of the academy, others have been around perhaps as long as our directors have. This is good as I almost prefer to keep the newer members as newer pilots. Or at least newer than myself or the other directors and our CEO. Eventually, when we have sufficient time under our belts not to be considered so much as noob ship pilots, then perhaps we could consider older pilots than ourselves.

Otherwise, I've been busying myself by trying out other career options. For instance, I was reading the journal of another pod pilot who spoke of his friend towing garbage around for a living so the other day i randomly entered garbage into the market terminal. Low and behold, you really CAN buy garbage! And better yet, there were people willing to buy it for twice the amount I could buy it at. So for perhaps an hour or two, I hopped around the systems towing garbage in my hauler. Made a few million isk. Not bad eh?

Then the other day I decided to go for a spin in my salvager, a cormorant destroyer fitted for salvaging missions for the other folks in my alliance. Hopping around the local asteroid belts, I picked up a fair amount of wrecks that miners had left behind, to include a few cans partially filled with ore. Now some may say me taking the ore would make me a can tipper but I would argue that as I originally left the cans alone and after seeing them there 30 to 45 minutes later, still unattended and the listed owner being in another belt mining, I figured it to be abandoned. Better me, a fellow miner to have the ore than some true flipper. So after doing that for perhaps an hour, with a combination of the loot, the small amount of ore left in the can, and the parts I was able to salvage from the wrecks, I brought in roughly another 3 to 4 mil. People really should learn to clean up after themselves! I may just have to make a career out of this. Who knows how much I could make looting and salvaging in lowsec! ....if I could avoid the pirates that is....

So yeah...just if you have any more trash laying around, just call me! Your regular Eve garbage man!

-ML-

0 comments: