22 November 2008

Who Am I

I wake up everyday, most often at my home but nearly just as often in strange places far from the station I call home. But then again....is that even home? I mean...where I grew up and where I trained for my pilot's license just seems so far from here now. Nearly 30 system jumps away. I am a Minmatar and of this I am proud. But here I find myself now calling Caldari space as home. So is it really home?

Bah, now it just sounds as though I'm being a big sap. Frankly, I'm happy with where I'm at now. Only a few weeks old in terms of being a pilot but already feeling as though I've begun to establish a small name for myself. Flying about in my small Probe Frigate back in Minmatar space, my commlink had come alive with that small blinking white light, notifying me I had mail. Reading it, I learned it came from the CEO of a small, budding corporation who was looking for new solid pilots to join his corp and help to build it into something great. At first I was hesitant. I mean, this was the first offer I had received since I'd undocked from the station for my very first trip out behind the controls of a ship. But at the same time, being so new myself, it was tempting to join a new corporation and be one of the original members of what could be something great.

So after much pondering, I made the necessary steps and turned in my application to this young corp. At first, yes, it was small. maybe no more than 10 members. But already in perhaps the three or four weeks I've been a part of it, we have developed by leaps and bounds. We are also now a part of a fast growing alliance who seems to have a great plan set out for themselves and just as our corporation was fairly new so too is this Alliance. So as my corporation and the Alliance grows, so too will I and I look full-heartedly towards the future and the grand possibilities I see coming for us.

-ML-

0 comments: